 |
| Favourite little tree in our front yard |
Flower boxes and two vegetable gardens planted! Not only a beautiful weekend but a productive one. I love this time of year! Saturday we made a family trip to our favourite little greenhouse (Van Dyke's In Woodstock, N.B.) and stocked up on petunias, marigolds, dahlias, geraniums, ivy, tomato and green pepper plants. All other vegetables we plant by seed. Carrots, beans, beets, zucchini, peas, onions, cucumbers, dill , radish and turnip...I think that is all.
 |
| Perennial Rock Garden 2011 - Late Spring |
 |
| Veggie Garden 2011 |
At an early age my grandmother taught me to love gardening and I haven't lost it. I may not have the greenest thumb but I try. Pat loves to garden as well. Together we have a lot of fun with it. There is nothing prettier than seeing flowers grow that I have cared for and nothing yummier than eating fresh organic veggies grown in our own back yard. Hopefully we can instill this passion into Jack...until then he is happy watching us and playing in the grass.
Sort of on the same note...
I am attempting to become much more 'Green' then I have been in the past and have been looking for easy ways to start making a better contribution to our environment. I appreciate any tips you want to send my way. To start I found this link for
20 Green Mom-Approved Summer Tips. I think I need to ease my way into it as being 'Green' seems to be harder than it appears to be....but I will try my best as I want to raise an environmentally conscious child. I appreciate what we have around us more and more every day and I finally get the need in sustaining it. Why has it taken me so long to realise this???? I have no idea but the important part is that I have!
 |
| No longer scared of the grass! |
 |
| Finally got to use our patio this weekend - It is about time! |
1 comment:
Umm Brandie? I love your rock garden. I want to pick it up and move it into my yard. I've been attempting to plan one just like it but have no idea where to start or what plants to use, your picture just went into my house inspiration file. :) How about we swap info, I've got all kinds of green living tips and you can shower me with your gardening knowledge. Kay?! Okay. It's settled then. ;)
Post a Comment