It has been a day or two...Life took over this week and before I knew it here I am already half way through my Friday.
A few random updates from our family….
Jack has his first molar. It just poked through this week. Thank heavens! Now that I can see the tips of it shining through his gums I am back to getting a full night’s sleep. It has been rough in the sleep department for both of us for over a month now. Makes getting up for work in the morning very difficult.
GG has made it home from her successful surgery in Halifax. We are all so happy to have her back and on the mend. My Aunt Karen came from Ontario to be with Gram for a couple of weeks so it has been really nice to visit with her. We are all enjoying having her around.
Not only is it Father’s Day this weekend but it is Tractor Pull weekend!! We always look forward to the party and the crowd the tractor pull brings to our little town each year. Mommy and daddy are getting a night out alone. Should be a good time. We are really in need of getting our social life back. It has been a struggle to say the least but it is coming day by day.
Pat has started working his summer hours as his company can have very seasonal type hours/work. Summer keeps him busy, thin and very tanned. Hahahaha. I swear he loses at least 20 lbs every summer from working long hours in the heat every day. I have no clue how he does it????
As for mama – I have lost 20 pounds since Christmas! I am so happy that I am finally feeling back to normal and comfortable in my own skin (and clothing) again. For those of you out there struggling to lose the ‘baby weight’ my only advice is be patient, keep active…it will come. On the work side of life: Although being a working mom is tough I am loving being back at it. It is strange how much appreciation this past year off has given me for my job. It really made me realize how much I love what I do and who I do it with.
And finally...the Bruins won the Stanley Cup!!! Our father has dressed us in Bruins wear since we were born and of course he has done the same for Jack. We were all Bruins babies. After waiting all of my life thus far, I finally get to hear Dad brag about his team (our family’s team now) and not curse them! It is great.
No comments:
Post a Comment