Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Graduation, Dreams, Priorities, Life

A HUGE congrats to my sister Dani who just graduated from Mount Allison University with a Bachelor of Arts Degree. We are happy to have her home this summer but will be very excited for her when she takes off in the fall for Vancouver to follow a dream. Set your sights high because you deserve the world! You make us so proud! Hugs and Love: PB&J <3



Of course all of this graduation talk had me feeling very nostalgic which got me thinking 'back'. It feels as though it has been an eternity since I was graduating from University with so many hopes and dreams. A 7 year eternity to be exact. 7 years ago did I ever dream I would be where I am now? NO! Crazy how fast time flies and the many changes that happen along the way.

THEN: If you asked me then if I would be living in Centreville I probably would have laughed. I doubt I would have guessed that I would be working as an HR Specialist and I certainly would not have told you that I would be a mommy. Funny how dreams change. How time and experience allows you to appreciate some things/places/people . How you see life in a different light. How priorities shift.

NOW: Today I am a mom living with my junior high sweetheart in a small country town and life really couldn’t be better. I love the advantages the country life has to offer (peace, nature, the relaxed pace, friendly neighbours, etc.). I love being close to my family and I love my job! I have discovered that I just love the simple life and all HOME has to offer.  Home is where my heart is.

The simple life = the quality life.

Go dream your dreams, live your life but don't be ashamed to admit that dreams change and always remember it is ok to go home.  Sometimes that is the best place for a person to 'be'.

1 comment:

Court said...

Well said Bran! How true it is...we are lucky our home is where it is ;) I can't wait to be back around the surroundings and people I've missed :) x