Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Rain Rain Go Away...Mommy wants to Run Today!

I thought getting back to work would mean getting back to my running routine.  While working I have that one hour everyday at noon that is devoted to whatever I want to do.  No scheduling around babies or men.  This is my one hour to be selfish and do something I really enjoy.  I really thought this would be the best time to fit in my run but for weeks it seems as though I have been doing the rain dance and crossing my fingers while hoping for good weather.  Where is the sun I want to RUN?!?!?!?!

Then I just decided to suck it up.  I headed out for my noon run yesterday and today despite the pouring rain.  It has kept me in for far too long besides, there is something really exhilarating about running in the rain.  The air is so fresh.  I feel like it pushes me harder than a normal run as I am so focused on getting back inside and warm.  AND it is a lot of fun not to mention all of the benefits that running provides on a normal day. So I challenge you to try it.  You will like it more than you think.  And if you don't want to run in the rain why not strap on the rubber boots and just play in it?  Your kids will LOVE it.

Let me be your inspiration...Don't let the rain keep you inside!

A new pic of me and my son - just for fun.

No comments: