...Not to stay. My 'stay at home mom' life is soon about to end. I will be heading back to work in exactly one week. I feel ready. It will be very bitter sweet. Of course it will be difficult to leave Jack everyday but I am ready to re-join the corporate world. I miss my job, my coworkers, my independence, my pay cheque...remind me of this in a weeks time when I am whining...Please!
I plan to go out with a bang. Have one FUN last full week at home with Jack. Today was supposed to be 'play outside day' however the wind and cold weather had a different plan for us. We stayed in. It was fun all the same. Maybe tomorrow we can get out for a hike and a little time in the swing. Fingers crossed. We also have one last playgroup date tomorrow morning. I am really excited. I love getting together with my mommy friends and their adorable little ones. We have really had a lot of fun this past year. It is so nice to have so much support and advice from friends. I am sitting here wishing I had of thought sooner but really want to bring all of the kiddies an Easter treat....must think of something creative at the last minute that does not involve baking.
Thursday I must get Jack to one last mom and tot swim at the Civic Centre in Woodstock and we also have to get to at least one or two Mom's club sessions at the gym. To update you on my weight loss progress well, lets just say I fit into most of my pre-baby work clothes. I have given myself a pat on the back a few times already : ) Anyway it is going to be a busy week but I really do hope to fit everything in. It is going to be a while before I go on Mat leave again so must make the most of it! Next priority you wonder??? Marriage! As much as I would love to have my babes close in age I must be married before the next one. Our very faithful mothers understood the first time around however, I am not so sure they will the second. Hahaha
To finsih off this evening I have a bit of news! Today was a landmark day in Jack's life. He took his first steps all on his own. Luckily Pat and I were both in the room to witness it. What a moment! I didn't realise how such simple things can evoke such amazing emotions until I had him. He is so proud of himself, so proud!
No comments:
Post a Comment