Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Sunday.


It is my first Easter without my mom and Jack's first Easter ever.  Mom, Papa and Kenz are in Florida for this Easter holiday.  Hope they are having fun and nice weather.  They deserve it!  Grammie Kathy and Grampie Jim are in Cuba.  It is strange for Pat and I to be on our own for a holiday where we are usually running back and forth to at least 2 or 3 dinners.  GG had dinner for us Friday night.  So we are the chefs today.  I decided to make a beef stew as we have already had a ham dinner and stew is Jack's favourite right now.   Plus it totally helps that I can make it in the slow cooker and not have to think about it again until we are ready to eat.  I love slow cookers!  Definitely invented for busy moms on the go.

Jack was up bright and early this morning.  He found all of the Easter eggs the Easter bunny hid for him and had a blast with his Easter basket.  Kids are so fun.  Brings back memories of my own holidays at home.  Luckily the Easter bunny knows I am starting to get annoyed with the 'new' fancy toys that ALL have batteries and make loud sounds, so he brought old fashioned toys like shovels, rakes, blocks, etc...Jack was pleased too.  Happy Easter! Love; PB&J.


 


No comments: