Friday, September 23, 2011

Fall - A longtime Favourite!

Fall is absoluetly my favourite time of year.  The air, the smells, the feeling...I love it all.


A few things that I adore about fall:
  • Thanksgiving, such a family time of year
  • The pace of life really seems to slow a bit in the fall
  • The colours (I am such an earth/nature tone person)
  • Apple crumble baking in the oven made with freshly picked local apples
  • The maples leaves turning colour at home
  • Fall mum flowers are simply one of my favourites
  • Large sunflowers blooming
  • Pumpkins and Gords
  • The smell and feel of the crisp air
  • Farmers Markets (with knitting and jarred goods)
  • Fall candle scents are the best (I burn them all year round)
  • It's time to dig out the scarves, leggings and tall black boots
  • Pumpkin spice flavoured coffee, muffins, pie, etc.
  • Mattie's little hunter orange dog sweater (just in case she is mistaken for a moose) 
  • Plus Jack just looks so darn cute in his little camo fleece and winter hat

Wow this list really proves that I must be a country girl at heart!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My absolute favorite time of year too, especially at home!! Just went to fall trade show with Tammy and bought an apple candle to burn:)

Monica said...

You and me both. Since moving back to the Valley I've realized what a country girl I really am.

Going apple picking this weekend and I can't wait for all the yummy baked goods and smells to come out of the kitchen afterwords!