Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Brandie. Mommy. Me.


Amongst all of this mothering I have been busy trying to find the balance between being 'me' and mommy hood.  I have found that I really had to revisit all of the things I love to find myself again.  I spent so many months focusing every second, every breath on my new baby boy that I had lost myself a little.  Once I realised the rut I was in I asked "Where to start?????"  I made a list titled "what makes me happy".  I just started writing down everything that came to mind no matter how insignificant it may have seemed.  Things I love.  Things that make me feel good.  I am now working on taking time to get back to the activities I enjoy.  Seems so simple...I know but I really think this has helped me get back to me.  Such a worthwhile process.  If you are stuck in a rut or just have spring fever I suggest trying this out.

I am publishing the list for me...so I can revisit it when need be.  I add to it every time I think of something new.  Feel free to read.  Don't Judge...this is very honest and a tad embarrassing. :)
In no particular order:

What Makes me Happy

People:
My hardworking & loving man
Jack's chatter, kisses, laughs, smiles (this list goes on)
My dog running to my feet every time I walk through the door
My MOM

Jack and I heading out for a spring hike

Activities:
Running
House design
Camping
Bubble baths
Napping in the sun
Canoeing
Gardening
Shopping
Being with my family
Cross country skiing
Driving, windows down, tunes up
Relaxing with friends (the ones you can just be yourself with)

Peonies from my garden
Things:
Fresh bed sheets
Spring & Fall
Coffee
Yellow Tail Shiraz
Home
Pink
Work out clothing
Diet Pepsi
Mascara
Carbs!
Fruit
Great restaurants
Hugs
Reality TV
Fresh air
Romantic comedies
Action/Thriller movies
Regis & Kelly
People.com
Peonies
Photos
Yorkies
Fashion & Home Decor Mags
The smell of mud
A clean car (in and out)
Silk pj pants

No comments: