The tree has been trimmed...we are officially ready for santa! Pat and I put up the tree last night while Jack was all snuggled in bed. What a surprise he had this morning when he came down stairs to see more of his favourite thing....lights!!! It took him 5 minutes to scoot across the living room, find a detour around the baracade I made and grab at the soft ornaments I hung near the bottom for him. He is a quick one! I thought I was safe for the morning at least...guess again!


Woke up to a message from a best friend this morning who is on the other side of the world. She got the card and pic we put in the mail for her. Had tears in my eyes as I realised how hard it would be this year without a few of my really close friends around for the holidays. Girls we will be missing you here in Tracey Mills!!! On a brighter note other best buds Sarah and Ash will be home in 2 days with their new ray of sunshine Kyran. Jack and I can't wait!!!!!! It is going to be a blast sharing our boy's first Christmas together.
17 days until Christmas. Can this be true? Where has the year gone? I don't even want to think about how many days I have left of mat leave right now...won't bother with the calculation as it will only depress me. Is it really possible that 2011 is right around the corner? Jack has certainly taught me to appreciate time. So I won't wish it away by doing the usual Christmas countdown...instead I will cherish every single day I have left of this year with my boy. I see this becoming a New Years resolution.. No more wishing away time, only cherishing every moment...the sleepless nights and all.
Nap time is almost over which means I am almost back on duty. We have nothing scheduled for the day today, only relaxing in our jammies and watching some Christmas cartoons (Jack loves them because they have so much music in them).