Thursday, January 5, 2012

2012: Goals & Updates


Holidays are over. Decorations are away. Routine is back in place. I am back to the gym. Ready for another year. Here is to wishful thinking that 2012 is going to be my best year thus far!

Approach = I’m gonna make this year all about me (where possible). I’m sure you are thinking this is sounding a bit selfish but is it really possible for a mom to be selfish? Not in my world. What I mean by this is I am going to start squeezing in more time for myself wherever I can find it. Time to read, time to study, time to exercise, time to socialize, time to relax. Can’t wait.

I am sure if you scroll down through previous blog posts you will see that I have said this before but I am about to repeat anyhow: Being a working mom has got to be one of the most exhausting jobs out there or maybe it is just exhausting for me at this moment because my little one is hitting the terrible 2 stage and there is a lot going on with Jack these days??? Please tell me it gets less tiresome…please?! Shouldn’t complain too much as I know I am not cut out to be a ‘stay at hom'er’ either. I need to have that reason to get up and get going, do my makeup, and put on something other than a hoodie in the morning. For me that reason is my career and as tiring as it is doing both it feels great to have that purpose that is solely designed for me each day. Goal number one for 2012 = turn the exhaustion around through daily exercise on my lunch hour which will help me focus and really push myself in my career this year.

Goal number two = bottle banishing. Staying at home over the holidays did help with the latest major accomplishment in our home. Jack has given up his bottle (he was so attached it was becoming a prop in every single photo we took of him). It happened by force not by choice. I always thought I would let him decide when he no longer needed it but I was beginning to think if I went with that game plan he would never let it go and would be dragging it to school in a few more years. As tough as it was we have done it! He has finally let it go and I withstood the cranky days and sobbing bedtimes. It took 3 straight days of total upset and then an additional 4 days of adjustment but I really do think we might finally have it conquered at this point. Cheers to that!!! Feels great to accomplish a goal so early in the year.


Fits. Another thing that is becoming more and more common with my precious little boy. How on earth do I stop them? They seem endless right now. Fits over everything. Ugh! Anyone have any good reads on this topic? If so – I am INTERESTED. Goal number three = determine and stick to a discipline tactic that works for us. This is going to be the hardest of them all!

So there it is. My plan for 2012. My personal & my motherly goals. It's almost exciting to jot it down and make it official.

No comments: